Saturday, December 26, 2015

Friendships, the best Christmas presents ever!

I hope that everyone has had a very Merry Christmas!

This year, I wasn't sure what Christmas would bring to us.  We had moved away from where most of our friends and family lived, and hadn't lived here long enough to make a lot of new friends yet.  But we found out that it is not in the quantity of friends, but in the quality!

A few months ago, most of our neighbors had been mere acquaintances.  Talking for a few minutes as you both found yourself outside, checking the mail, etc.  Most of them still are, but one in particular has turned out to be a great guy.

He has been there for us at every turn in the last few months, and I hope that we have made a difference in his life, too.  It's funny how real friendships can start sometimes.  He just happened to be talking to my husband, when I called for a ride.  My hubby asked him if he wanted to come along for the ride to pick me up from work.  After a fantastic meal of Chinese food, he was definitely no longer in the mere acquaintance category.

This auspicious beginning paved the way into inviting him over for movies and dinner on Friday nights, and so much more.  We knew that he has had some hard times this year, and hoped that our friendship helped him take his mind off of things, if only for a little while.

Yesterday, the hubby and I weren't sure what we would be doing for Christmas Day.  But, we ended up spending it with a great guy.  He went all out and made a whole Christmas meal for us. The conversation was enlightening and fun, the food was delicious and neverending, and the entertainment was, well,...entertaining!!  "Elf" on the big screen brings on the Christmas cheer, and then the guys all enjoyed watching YouTube videos that involved power toys, speed and crashes!

I miss spending times with my old friends, but new friends can be just as special.  I am so glad that we have taken the time to get to know a fascinating man.  His friendship with us has truly become a wonderful Christmas present!

And friendships are some of the best Christmas presents ever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment