Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Furniture Finds for Small Home Living

With just the two of us, my hubby and I have discovered that small house living is suiting us just fine!

But, we have made an important discovery! Every piece of furniture needs to be looked over carefully to see all the different ways it could be used. 

The more uses it has, the better!

And, the tinier it can be when not in use, the better also!

What do you think of these two finds?  🤔🤔🤔

Mary, a coworker of mine, has been following the blog for a while now. She told me that she loves seeing how everything is coming together, and can't wait to see the finished Cabin and Guesthouse.

Mary and her husband gifted us two of these cabinets recently, and we have been trying to figure out the best way to use them. There are doors on both sides, and we would like to be able to access both sides. (Gotta be able to get the stuff in the back!!  LOL)

My hubby and I think that we have come up with a solution.  💡💡💡

We are going to put a base on the bottom, and attach wheels.  This will bring it up to counter height (after adding the countertop), and allow us to be able to move it around as needed.

Why would we need to move it around, you ask? We would be able to have full access to both sides for one thing.  But, by also adding fasteners to the underside of the countertops, we can also attach the two cabinets together for a large island or table when guests come to stay.

So, stay tuned for future updates on this project!!

One of two cabinets gifted by a friend

And, to the next find...

This past weekend, the hubby and I were at Lowe's, looking into needed supplies for the project mentioned above and also supplies for finishing the loft areas.

As the hubby stopped to do some of his calculations, etc., I knda got a little bored for a few minutes and got a Facebook for just a few seconds.  I am glad that I did.  I belong to a few local FB Sale sites, and found this little beauty!

It is an Ikea fold-down table that this lady was selling for only $20!  I quickly went to Ikea's website, and discovered the cheapest fold-down table they offered was $150!

As you can see, it does have a little bit of where to it. She had used it outside the whole time.  But, nothing that a little TLC, cleaning, and maybe a new finish won't cure, right?!

It folds down to the size of a nightstand or so,...


And, then opens up to twice the size as this!  I only had one of the sides up to take this picture. 



So, all in all, this has been a very productive weekend.  I will be sure to take photos of all the finished projects, I promise!

2 comments:

  1. So Cool!! You all need to come downsize me!! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam,
    Would love to, but definitely need to finish our own downsizing first! Not finished yet, by a long shot! LOL

    ReplyDelete