Saturday, April 27, 2019

My Birthday Bucket List


Happy Birthday to me!! 🎂🎂🎂 

You might get the idea that I had a birthday recently... LOL

Birthdays always gets me reflecting on what I have enjoyed, and what I have accomplished, within the past year.

And, then my mind starts drifting toward my bucket list. I have a lifetime bucket list that I look forward to completing in my lifetime. 

I love having a lifetime bucket list, but your lifetime is a bigger, more abstract, concept. It is not as easy to ✔✔✔ items off the list, because they are bigger items. I would love to be able to see the Northern Lights in my lifetime, but it won't happen soon, I know.

But, a Birthday Bucket List...I love the idea!!!

Each Birthday month, I start by looking at last year's list. I see if there is anything that I still would like to do. That begins my list.

What else would I like to accomplish in just the next 12 months? If I would like to eventually see all 50 states, then 1-2 fairly close states might fit into the coming year. 

So,  what is on your Birthday Bucket List? What would make your heart happy in the next year? 💓 😀💗 What would you like to accomplish? 📝🎉 

Please tell me in the comments about your Birthday Bucket List! I want to hear all about you and your List!!!

8 comments:

  1. One of items in my bucket list is to visit United States one of these fine days.That won't happen any time soon though☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are there some smaller steps that you can take just in the next year, to make that dream just a little closer? Or, closer places that you would also like to visit? I hope that your dreams come true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For someone who has always been a dreamer and a list maker, I have never done a bucket list. Having just recently read a book about wishes and now this blog entry, perhaps I should give this some thought.
    I have a long list of places I want to visit and of things I would like to accomplish, the putting it in writing and seeing what is possible is going to take time and effort. Guess I better get started on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eileen, that is why the Birthday Bucket List. What do you want to accomplish in the next 12 months only, not necessarily the big things? Like seeing more places in Indiana, for example? Lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea, and happy birthday! Fellow Taurus :) I love breaking down the big lifelong bucket list into 12 months of what do I really want to do this year. I feel like we do it naturally in January but having another opportunity to rethink it in your birthday month is an awesome idea. I think maybe I need to do that this month too-- I have so many goals but it's time to check in on them. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And, Happy Birthday back at ya, Chloe! Actually, I am not a fellow Taurus, but an Aries. Very close to being a Taurus, though! Lol I think any time (like New Year's Day,or our birthday, etc) that makes us reflect on what we we want only helps us achieve those dreams!

      Delete
  6. I want to visit Iceland to see the Icelandic ponies and maybe the northern lights 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly, Seeing the Northern Lights has always been on my big Lifetime Bucket List. I never gave much thought to where I would see them. Iceland sounds like it might work! What are the Icelandic ponies? For this year's Birthday Bucket List, I would like to go to Michigan to visit friends and try to see some Northern Lights, ¿maybe?.

      Delete