Monday, October 28, 2013

Happiness is a Risk

"Happiness is a risk.  If you're not a little scared, then you're not doing it right."

  ~Sarah Addison Allen in "The Peach Keeper"


Have you ever read a quote that seemed to be only about you?  Where it seems like the author was looking directly into your soul?  That is exactly what crossed my mind when I read this quote on Facebook.  Although "The Peach Keeper" is on my Soon To Be Read list, I hate to admit that I haven't had any free time to get some reading done.  So, when I read this quote, it just jumped out at me and demanded my attention. 

All of my life, I have had big plans and have done lots of research, but have always stopped short of doing anything about those dreams.  I think that my research was my way of taking a step forward, without ever having to actually risk anything in the process.  I could tell myself that I was doing something towards my dream by doing the research.  And even though doing your homework is most definitely an important step, there comes a time to just get stared and take that risk. 

So, even though I will continue to do my homework and get ready for any future endeavors that I attempt, I will overcome my fear and just go for it.  True happiness is worth the risk.   I will not give in to being scared, but will instead use that as my  gauge as to whether I am taking the risks that I should!

Thank you Sarah for the motivation!!

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment