Sunday, November 3, 2019

5 Easy Blogging Tips for Keeping It Real!

Thinking Back

I want you to think back to the last time you had to write a story, a research paper, anything along those lines.

Go ahead and remember how you approached the project...Did you zoom right through it? Procrastinate, then write at warp speed?

If you had to come up with your own topic, did that step alone take forever?


And...ding, ding ding! We have a winner! That is SO me!!! 👈😕✋😕

Overthinking everything, writer's block, you name it! You will notice that it has been a little while since my last post.

The researcher in me can't just look at 1 or 2 sources for ideas to improve her blog. No, she has to check out about 4-5 books, ask people in her FB blogging groups for advice, etc.

When you look to so many places for advice, your head starts swimming! Use professional photos, write shorter posts, use numbers in your title, more this, less that... aaahhhh!!!!

It's like the blogger's equivalent of this golfer's swing! LOL

Golfer trying to take everyone's
advice on his swing.
(Source: rockbottomgolf.com)

It took me a little while to decide to quiet all the additional voices, and just concentrate on listening to my inner voice. I chose to start this blog in the first place to be able to write publicly, and to provide encouragement for anyone following their dreams.

I cannot provide you with encouragement, if I am being my own worst critic, correct?

So, in the spirit of what the Fledgling Endeavors blog is all about, I am providing a few blogging tips of my own!

Disclaimer: I am not a blogging expert, by any means! But, after blogging for 7 years (this blog) and keeping a 2nd family history blog active for 2 1/2 years, I have a few tips that may be just the thing you need to hear!

Diane's Blogging Tips (Follow at your own peril!)

  • Be Yourself! You have a voice all your own that someone needs to hear.
  • Small Steps are Fine. You write one post at a time, and can build from that. Ten years ago or so, I started following a fairly new blog called The Pioneer Woman.  And, look at her now! 
  • Do What You Can, with What You Have. I have an older Samsung phone & take most of my photos with that, or  I use the free stock photo websites. I use the free Blogger hosting site for the blog itself.
  • Just Keep Posting! The internet is filled with blogs that have been abandoned less than a year old. Even if it is just short posts, just keep posting. This is what I need to work on the most. So that will be my blogging goal for the new year: to just keep posting more often!
  • Check In With Your Readers! Stay true to yourself, but keep in mind what your readers would like to see more of, also. If they keep reading, they will keep following you...and bring in more followers. They started following you for a reason, so remember to listen to them!

Now, Readers (yes, You!!)...I am following my own advice. I would like to hear from all of you! You can tell me what you like about this blog, what you would like to see more of, etc. I will take it all to heart, even as I continue to be the me you like to read! Lol

All kinds of ways to talk to me: 💬💭💬

  • Comment at the end of the post! Blogger has changed some things recently, and I am not sure all comments are getting through. If you are having trouble with comments, please use one of the other ways to get a hold of me. If there are issues, I want to be able to fix them for you! So, please let me know!
  • Email Me using the Contact Form on the right side of your screen.
  • Share the posts you like by using the Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest icons at the end of each post.
  • Follow FLEDGLING ENDEAVORS on my Facebook, Instagram and Twitter pages, and leave comments on those posts.
Can't wait to hear from you soon! 😀😀😀

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps I should start a blog of my own. Although I doubt I would have any followers. I hope this blog of yours has fulfilled that dream of yours to inspire others. I have enjoyed following it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you would do with a blog of your own! And I know that you would have one follower in me! Thanks for keeping me inspired with mine. Sometimes, when it seems noone is reading it, I can get discouraged a little. If you have any questions about starting your own, I can help you out!

    ReplyDelete