Sunday, March 24, 2019

Spring Has Sprung in Indiana!

It's not that I listen to inanimate objects or anything

But when both the outside thermometer🌡🌡🌡 and the calendar were talking to me....
Yay!!! Spring has arrived!!! ♡♡♡
It would have been downright rude of me to not listen!  LOL

They were conspiring with my steps counter to get me to take a walk. I am very easily brainwashed, so I gave in!

And, so happy that I did!!!!

It was so beautiful outside, and the temperature was perfect.

Beautiful sky and the tree is budding!
Some of the trees have started to bud. And the bushes (I think that's what this was!).

Even more budding going on!
The almost-deafening sound of bullfrogs led me down to our pond behind the Cabin and Guesthouse. As I was attempting to look for the noisy little buggers, I came across this blackish blob in the water.

What could this blackish blob be?
The hubby helped me devise away to get a closer look without getting my feet wet, and I was able to take a better photo.

It looks like we have a whole lot more of those noisy buggers coming soon! Lol

I am not sure of how fast the life cycle of frogs are, so I will have to do a little research. 

Frog Eggs! Tadpoles-to-be!
Guess I will be taking a few more walks this spring to do some scientific research on the this "blackish blob"! I love watching little squiggly tadpoles!

What signs of spring have you noticed now that spring is officially here on the calendar?

Leave a comment below, and tell me about it!

3 comments:

  1. I have noticed two signs of Spring here in Iowa. One the river is out of it's banks, two I have seen patches of green grass amid all the brown. Spring is definitely in the air, even if the thermometer doesn't agree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eileen, our creek has been going out of its banks a little recently, but not too bad. I hope it stays within its banks this spring!! Been seeing a little green grass here and there, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost forgot to mention the ladybugs and flies that seem to have appeared recently!! THAT is not a welcome sign of spring at all!

    ReplyDelete