Sunday, January 5, 2020

How You Can Embrace Life, Learning...and Hygge?


My WORD for 2020 is Embrace!
What is YOUR word?

What word is going to help bring 2020 into focus for you? To give you a new way of looking at your life and adventures?

For me, it was an easy choice! I have been trying to enjoy life a little more. And, recently,  I came across the word ~ EMBRACE ~ and it just captured my outlook on life so well!

So, my WORD for 2020 is going to be ♡~ EMBRACE ~♡!!!!  In 2020, my goal is EMBRACE LIFE ~ LEARNING ~ EACH MOMENT!!!

How Can You Embrace Life More!


One of the best ways to start incorporating this into your life, is by surrounding yourself with what makes you happy as much as possible. Not necessarily the "I can't stop smiling" happy, as much as the "just feeling content deep in your soul" happy.

Myquillyn Smith, blogger (https://thenester.com/) and author of Cozy Minimalist Home: More Style, Less Stuff discovered this as she was trying to find the right style for her small house. 



Cozy Minimalist Home: More Style,
Less Stuff
 
by Myquillyn Smith

And that is when she learned all about...Hygge!

What in the World is Hygge?

According to the Danish website (visitdenmark.com), Hygge (pronounced "hoo-gah") is a Danish word. "In essence, hygge means creating a warm atmosphere and enjoying the good things in life with good people. 

How Does this Fit in With Embracing Life?

According to Smith in her book, "Hygge is all about creating a cozy, safe, warm and inviting atmosphere. It's about finding contentment and joy in the simple things like sitting by a fire playing a board game."

"Hygge is not a look or a style; it's an intention. The goal of hygge is cozy togetherness, get-through-it-ness, comfort, and knowing you are not alone."
And she is absolutely correct! If you have created a home where you feel ~ 'just feeling content deep in your soul' happy ~ THEN, you are already:

  • Embracing Life
  • Embracing Each Moment


What Are You Waiting For?

Get a fresh start in 2020! No resolutions to worry about. Only one word...YOUR word! What will be YOUR word that brings 2020 in focus for your moments, your dreams, your life?

Now, as for me, I will stop writing, and go create a feeling of "Hygge" in my front room!


♡  Embrace Life!
♡  Embrace Learning!
♡  Embrace Each Moment!


Source:
  • Cozy Minimalist Home: More Style, Less Stuff by Myquillyn Smith (p. 27).

8 comments:

  1. I'm going to use the word "Focus". Focus on the good. Focus on the now. Focus on my health. Focus on what needs done. Focus until the job is done.
    I'm at a place in my life that I really need to do this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eileen, I think that is a wonderful choice! It is hard to do, I know. But, I have all the confidence in the world that you can accomplish it! Just take it one step at a time in the right direction.

      Delete
  2. A great focus word for 2020! I love the feeling of a new year. I haven’t got a focus world but things I want to focus on, maybe I could link them to a focus word. Thank you for sharing! Xx
    Lauren | www.bournemouthgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lauren! I am like you; I love the feeling of a new year, also. Good luck on the projects that you will focus on in 2020! And, I didn't actively seek out my word, it just came to me on New Year's Eve. Your word may still come to you!

      Delete
  3. At first thought I think my word would be 'explore,or maybe 'be present'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meaghan, I think those are both wonderful words! You can start being more present in your everyday life, but also start exploring new places, new skills, new adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Surrounding myself with things that make me happy sounds like a great idea, this is something that I am already doing more in 2020 and I hope to carrying on doing too! I absolutely LOVE the idea and concept of Hygge and 'cozy togetherness' sounds so wonderful! I think later today when I get a good book and go in the bath I will feel 'Hygge'. Great post xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! If you were already surrounding yourself with things that make you happy before you even read about "hygge", I think the word picked you! A good book and a bath sounds like a cozy wonderful way to end the day!

    ReplyDelete