Thursday, November 20, 2014

"Attitude of Gratitude" continues~Thankful for Public Libraries!!

     Family, friends, good health, good weather, a sense of humor,...There are so many things to be thankful for all through the year.  Sometimes it is hard to know where to begin.  Since I am sitting in a nice, warm library while I am typing this, I think that is where  I will continue my "Attitude of Gratitude"palooza (LOL!)

     Whether it is the library where I worked for almost a decade or the one that I am sitting in right now, I absolutely love libraries!!  ~Always have and always will~ 

     When I would get off of work in my 'previous' life, I would still be hanging around the stacks and looking at books.  When we moved, the library card is one of the first things that I updated!!

     I needed to be able to use the computers for the blog and emails.  My husband and I needed to get books for identifying plants and trees.  We even needed to identify this huge insect that stung me a few weeks after moving here.  We discovered that it was a European Hornet (~Google that one sometime!!~)  My arm has finally healed from that, by the way!!  LOL

     I have been using the library also as a place to do research.  I am in the process of writing a few articles, and also have started doing some background work for a nonfiction book. 

     In a couple of weeks, I will also be coming up here to watch a movie that I have been wanting to see since it came out earlier this year.  They will be showing "The Hundred-Foot Journey" for their movie night in December.  Now, I will have to get that book to read and compare with the movie...it is an obsession with me when a movie is made from a book!!!

     Now, where else can you go for keeping in touch with friends, research, entertainment and so much more!!

     Tell me, what are you thankful for today???

No comments:

Post a Comment