Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!!

     Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!   I know that we all will have different plans for the holiday.  Some will be spending the day with family, or friends.  Some people actually like spending the day to themselves:  coming from an extrovert, that sounds crazy to me,...but to each his own!!

     But no matter how we spend the day tomorrow, we will all be spending it doing what we should be doing all year long...giving thanks!  For God above, for waking to a new day each day, for good health and for providing us with the necessities of life.  For once the necessities of life are met, everything else is just icing on the cake.

     My son has a favorite old saying that he found somewhere..."I cried because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet".  That puts a lot of things in perspective!! 

     So, while you are passing that plate of turkey or stuffing yourself with pumpkin pie tomorrow, just remember to continue saying your thanks for all of these wonderful blessings in your life.  Because much of it is just the icing on the cake...or should I say, the whipped cream on the pie!!!  LOL

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment