Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Arctic Weather...Warm Hearts!

Frozen Waterfall at Oliver Winery


I hope everyone has had a Merry Christmas, or Happy Hanukkah, holiday this year!  Many of you wanted a white Christmas, and got that. I did like having the light brushing of snow that we received.

However, as beautiful as the photo above is, I am not a huge fan of the freezing temperatures that were needed to make it so beautiful.

Cold, I can handle.  But when the weather guys start using words like "arctic" and "freezing", then, immediately I am over winter and ready for spring!! ❄❄❄

I think this year, I am going to try to keep warmer by having a much warmer heart.  It probably won't thaw the ground around me, but it might just make the world around me a little warmer!

I think that I am a nice person, and try to do kind things for friends and strangers alike.  But, I do let the cynical, complaining, and rude world around me get to me a lot more than I should.  

So, starting today, I am going to try to be even nicer to everyone I meet.  To open that door for the next person, to have a few more kind words ready for the people I meet. For those rude, cynical, complaining people...maybe a prayer or two to go with those kind words.  

Let's flood this world with kindness in 2018.  💞

And, yes, I even want you to be kind to yourself.  Be kind to others, but also don't let them be unkind to you.  

In fact, it starts with you being kind to yourself first! Talk to yourself the way you would want a friend to talk to you when you need encouragement. 

Be good, Be nice, and take care of yourself and the world around you.  

Who knows...it might just be one of those trends that catch on!!! 

(and make those arctic temperatures feel just a little warmer...maybe!!)  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment