Sunday, August 11, 2019

Did You Know the Seven Rules of Photography?

That's fine! Before this summer, I had never heard of them myself. But then, my local library offered a series of photography classes πŸ“ΈπŸ“·πŸ“Έ and changed that.

I have always been passionate about taking photos, but not too confident in my abilities. So, these classes sounded like a perfect way to spend a few summer evenings.

Our instructor, Brooke, is a professional photographer. She took the time to get to know us, and our specific goals for the class.  She did a fantastic job, and taught me a lot!

A quote from class that will stay in my mind, "Once you know the Rules of Photography, then the rules can be broken."

So, I set about learning as much as I could about these Rules of Photography. First stop was Pinterest, so that I could see some visuals of these rules.

Afterwards, I stepped outside, and practiced, practiced, practiced!

I'm not too sure of how I did. I am going to let all of you help critique my photos. So, let me know what you think!

So, I give to you the rules of photography on the top,...and my attempt at using each rule right below.





Repetition




Rule of Thirds




Negative Space





Leading Lines
                                                                                     




Framing





Left to Right Rule





Symmetry




The next photography class will be in a few weeks. Can't wait!

Until then, you will find me outside snapping away! πŸ“ΈπŸ“ΈπŸ“Έ Practice makes perfect!!!

And always, if you want to learn something new, just go for it!!!

2 comments:

  1. I had never heard of these rules! I think you did a great job in trying to apply these rules to your photographs. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Photography is one of my most enjoyed hobbies. I have been working on improving skills. Once the weather cooperates with me, I plan on practicing, because as you say, Practice makes perfect!

    ReplyDelete