Monday, February 17, 2020

Tuesday Motivation~ Embrace the Journey as You Follow Your Dreams



Embracing the Journey


"Someday"..."When I have the money"..."In five years, I will"...

What do all of these have in common? They are all comments that we have made at one point or another in our lives.  Have you found yourself making any of these statements?

If so, then you know what they really are...excuses, procrastination and fear talking.

However, I have an answer for you...TALK LOUDER.

Yes, that is exactly what I said...Talk Louder. Every time these thoughts come up, replace them louder with this:

~ Embrace the Journey ~




We all tend to see dreams as something that we will achieve one day, in the future. But, what is just as important as the dream itself, is the journey that we take to get to that dream.

Each step that we take in following our dreams should be just as exciting as the dream itself.  For example, my hubby and I have a dream of making a life being able to follow our interests and passions in our everyday life.

Our first step...moving to our place in the country where some of those passions can be followed whenever we step out our front door...fishing, enjoying wildlife, photography.

Just living on a quiet road where every visitor remarks about how peaceful it is at our place. This is all part of Embracing the Journey!!




Baby Steps


Since one of the first questions that we ask ourselves is "where do I start?", I will share an inspirational message with you. It comes from a woman whose story helped me in following my own dreams. Jenna Woginrich, in her book (Made From Scratch, p12) reminds her readers that  "Accepting where you are today, and working toward what's ahead, is the best you can do...But the starting point is to take control of what you can and smile with how things are.  Find your own happiness and dance with it." 




Taking Baby Steps is what you can do today towards your dreams of tomorrow. Taking Baby Steps is how you talk louder than the fear, also. Jenna wanted to own her own land where she could grow her own food. Living in the city, that wasn't possible at the moment. But growing several plants on her balcony was very possible.

My hubby would like to start beekeeping at some point. He has been attending meetings with local beekeepers in the area. He reads books, and articles in Mother Earth News and Countryside magazines, on the subject. Meanwhile, he has been putting money away for a beekeeping kit, hives and such.

Inspiration For the Road

I know it is not easy to talk louder than your fears. I used to be a master procrastinator! I would research anything to death, because it was my way of moving forward without ever moving forward.

So, I am leaving you with additional quotes that should help you to replace those negative thoughts.

😀 Remember to make a life, not just a living!

😀Life is meant to be enjoyed, not just endured! 


Are You Inspired?


If this post has inspired you to follow your dreams, take baby steps or embrace the journey, please leave me a comment below. I love encouraging others and hearing about your dreams!

If you love encouraging others too, please share this post through email, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest!

No comments:

Post a Comment