Sunday, April 12, 2020

Keeping Our Sanity during the Quarantine, Together!


How are you holding up these days? 😮

Are you keeping it all together? 😵

Even in the best of circumstances, it can still be difficult keeping it all together. I know and understand. I have been there. I am usually an upbeat type of person, but some days are just hard.

These are unusual times, to say the least. Even though we are cooped up in our homes 🏡 away from everyone else, we are still in this together. 👥🏠👥🏢👥🏡

That last bit bears repeating: WE ARE IN THIS TOGETHER! 

If we are going to remain safe, and yet retain our sanity, this is what is most important.


Take the pledge, TOGETHER!


So, I am Asking All of You to Take a Pledge


 1)  I pledge to reach out to friends, family and acquaintances to 
       let them know someone cares, and they are not alone.

 2)  I pledge to give myself permission to not have to "be productive"
       at all times. Taking care of yourself is being productive!

 3)  I pledge to give myself permission to feel off-kilter, sad, isolated, 
       etc. 

4)   I pledge to reach out to someone if I need to talk. Even the most 
       upbeat of us need to share our feelings, too.



Take the pledge, TOGETHER!



Reach Out to Your "Peeps"!


Friends, family, hotlines, even social media acquaintances...these are all people you can reach out to in times of need.  Just reach out to someone! It is so important for you to remember that you are not isolated and alone.


Your "peeps" are always
there for you...in so many
 different ways! 


Please remember, no matter how you are feeling, there is always, always someone to reach out to talk to at all times.  I honestly just witnessed this on Twitter the other day. A person had a very tragic event happen in their life, and felt they had noone they could tell.  Another person not only replied, but kept her in conversation and sharing good memories.

Years ago, someone who I had thought of as an acquaintance-type friend had told me to give him a call if I ever needed to talk. One evening, I needed just that...and he was there in a heartbeat! He became one of my best friends, with a friendship of 30+ years going strong.

Take Action, Take the Pledge


Once again, I urge you to take the pledge, TOGETHER! We will get through this together. We will keep our sanity through the quarantine, together. 

Please help get the word out that you are there for your friends and family. Take this pledge and share it with everyone you know! Share it on FB, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.

Share it with the hashtag →🙋🙋 #TakeThePledgeTogether ←🙋🙋


TOGETHER, we are strong! 💪💪💪


9 comments:

  1. I agree! I take the pledge! I have been doing this. I've checked on people to make sure they have what they need, I have to be in a store, so to keep them home, I've offered to get things for them. I am working on birthday celebrations, too. Many of my friends have birthdays through this mess and I don't want them to think I have forgotten them. I'm not so good with the sharing my "darkness", but I am going to work on that, since this is making me feel it too often.
    A very good post in this strange time! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eileen, you do a great job of thinking of others! I know two of those "birthday" people that are very thankful for that. You know how upbeat I usually am, and I was even crying the other day. I hope you are able to talk to someone when you need. Text or FB message me, I am there for you! ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and the reverse is true! Should either of you need me.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the inspiration! I will take the pledge to not feel like I need to be productive. I've been pressuring myself to get stuff done, but really, it's just making me more stir crazy. I take the pledge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sydney, I felt the same way in the beginning. Working a lot, I am never home. But now, I do what needs to be done, and the rest depends on my mood for the day. Thank you for taking the pledge! Take care of yourself!

      Delete
  4. This is a great post! This time has definitely been hard, and I need to reach out to my friends more for support and to check on them as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have been slowly but surely trying to check in with many of my friends and family. As for myself, I am usually fairly upbeat. But, last week, I was just ready to cry all day and had to talk to the hubby. That is partly how this post came to be. Are you doing okay?

      Delete
  5. Thanks for a great and upbeat post. Especially liked give ourselves permission to not always be productive!!! Hope you and all or yours are well and healthy. We are good but definitely getting older and slower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nancy! I had a little trouble with that one in the beginning. But some days, I struggled to feel like doing anything. We are doing the best we can to stay healthy!

      Delete