Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Permission to play hooky!

     Thank you very much for giving me a little extra time to take care of myself!  I needed that.  In today's rush, rush, rush society, I think that we sometimes forget exactly how to slow down and take care of ourselves. Now, I know right at this moment, you are probably laughing at me and saying that you could never forget how to do that.  Am I right?!
     But if that is the case, why do we have so many magazine articles telling us how to do just this.  I dare you to open up your Oprah magazine or Woman's Day and look for articles on 1) how to say "no" to others and take time for yourself,  2) tips on how to get more relaxed, etc.
     If you had a whole day to yourself and no immediate deadlines to meet, what would you do with your day?  Catch up on your favorite book, spend the day with a friend, doing absolutely nothing?  When is the last time that any of you have taken a day like this?
     Go ahead...I give you permission to take care of you!  I know at first, you might go through withdrawals.  You curl up on the couch to read or watch TV, and you see that your coffee table has crumbs, dust and water rings.  Next thing you know, you are heading out to the kitchen to get something to clean it!  If a whole day would throw you into shock, just shoot for a whole hour.  If that coffee table was dirty for the last 3 days, then another hour or two is not going to hurt!
     If you don't take care of yourself, then who will do it for you?  What will you do with your day? Drop me a note and tell me how you take care of yourself.  I would love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment