Sunday, April 28, 2013

Taking Chances

     This weekend, I had the pleasure of attending my brother's wedding.  I am very happy for him and absolutely love my new sister-in-law and niece.  But all of this got me thinking about how important it is to  take chances in your life.
     Choosing to get married is definitely taking a chance. But choosing to do so a 2nd time around, means that following your heart is what's most important to you.  You already have been through the good times and the bad.  You know what could happen.  But you also know what is right for you and you chose to go for it!
     This is true in all areas of your life.  If you stay right where you are, you might feel safe because you know what to expect everyday.  But you have absolutely no idea how good it can be around the next bend.  It's a scary feeling, not knowing what to expect.  I've been there, I know.  I have been divorced.  I decided to take a chance on a dating website and found the most wonderful guy in the world.  Several years ago, I also made the decision to go back to college and now have a new career path to follow.
    For those of you that have known me for many years, you know how scared the younger me was to take any chances.  A younger coworker just asked me the other day if I had any advice for her. (She had just turned 25, I had just celebrated the 20something anniversary of that birthday!).  Among a few other nuggets of wisdom, I highly recommended taking chances in life and just enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment