Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Giving Thanks!

     As the holidays start approaching, my thoughts start turning toward Thanksgiving and all that it means to me.  Sometimes in the hustle and bustle of each day, it is easy to forget just how much we are given.  I know that I am especially guilty of this, although I hate to admit it.
     I am not a morning person, by any means!  When that alarm goes off in the morning, I honestly can say my first thoughts aren't usually about my blessings.  And as I am trying to think of something that I can throw at the alarm clock, my thoughts are only of staying under the blankets as long as possible. 
     But when I can finally rouse myself enough to think whole thoughts, I find myself thanking God for waking up one more day. And for the warm, snuggly blankets and bed.  For having a job to go to when many people don't. 
     When the winds were howling outside this weekend, I was extremely grateful for our good solid house that kept us warm and dry. 
     For family and friends, new and old, close and far...there aren't enough words to describe just how thankful I truly am for each of you.
     So, please take the time this Thanksgiving holiday and throughout the year, to be thankful for all of the blessings in your life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment