Saturday, October 31, 2020

Shop Small ~ Unique Gifts from "DreamChaser" Businesses

Hard to believe, but the holidays are just around the corner! πŸŽ„πŸŽ…πŸŽ„

We can all admit that 2020 has been a kinda totally crazy year, and it would be so  easy to just give up on wanting to salvage it. However, I think we have a way of ending this year on a fantastic note 🎢 that can bring a lot of cheer to the "Dreamchasers" that you may know!

I know several people that have been Chasing the Dream with their own businesses, and have been hit hard in 2020. While Amazon and Wal-mart were doing a killer business, they were struggling to keep their dreams going this year. 

And, while talking to a good friend of mine recently, she reminded me of the best way to shop for Christmas this year. She is planning on buying all of her presents🎁🎁🎁, gift certificates, vouchers, etc. from small businesses this.




Shop Small   πŸ› πŸ’³πŸ’² πŸ›

I would like to help my friend, and all of you, by helping you to spend your money πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’° wisely. 

If you have friends and neighbors in your own community that you would love to support, start by Shopping Small at their businesses. That would be wonderful!

However, if you are looking at new businesses and would like to support a few fantastic ladies just following their dreams...then, check out these DreamChasers right now!




Shop Small at these "DreamChaser" Businesses Today!


Heather @ Blue Barn Hill Farm

"Dreamchaser" Story 

Since I was very young I have loved kids, animals, plants, crafting and baking. It has taken a lot of hard work and sacrifices but I am finally able to do everything I love AND I get to do it all from my home, so I can still take care of my family too . We started our family in 2000 at a young age in Florida . In 2009, after losing everything  in the recession, we had an opportunity to move to Indiana & start over . I came begrudgingly because I didn't want to leave my home (Florida & city life was all I had ever known). I struggled with depression for several years after we moved. And then I started crafting, selling produce & baked goods at our local farmer's market. That reignited a spark that had died...and I started embracing our new life. We started by putting up an honor system produce stand, and we have continued growing from there. I have fallen in love with the farm life. The last two years have been full of growth & change . Currently, we have a farm where we sell all naturally raised produce in the summer, hatch/sell chickens year round, have weekly bake sales all summer, and sell crafts online. 

I have designed a website so I can sell our delicious Old Fashioned Homemade Hard Candy. Our candy can be ordered easily & shipped anywhere in the USA! And the best part of all, is I am able to raise my 10 kids while I work from home. Itls not always easy & I feel like a scatterbrained wreck some days, but it is everything I love all wrapped up together so I can also help provide for my family :)

What I Sell

(Image source: Blue Barn Hill Farm)

Contact Info

Website is www.bluebarnhillfarm.com

Facebook page is www.facebook.com/bluebarnhillfarm


       @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


Katie @ Historically Katie

"Dreamchaser" Story 

I have always been a writer. As a child, I spent hours filling spiral notebooks with stories. As I grew, I continued writing and began dreaming of becoming an author some day. I dreamed especially of writing historical fiction for kids and teens. When I entered college, my first majors were History and Writing with this goal in mind. Somewhere along the line, however, I got it in my head that this wasn’t sensible or even doable. So, I changed my major to Elementary Education. I graduated with this degree and went into the education field, though I have always continued to write and dream in story ideas. In 2012, I finally released my very first novel - and it was young adult historical fiction. It was a dream come true. Since then I have published other books, including a sequel to my first book and a children’s picture book based on the memoir of an ancestor of mine. I am finally realizing a dream of combining education and writing. I run an online business called Historically Katie, which serves as encouragement, support, and guidance for families who write. I am still writing too. I am happy to finally bring my writing dream to life in my career. 

What I Sell  

I sell writing resources for kids and families at my TeachersPayTeachers shop. More are being added all the time, and I offer free writing prompts and activities for email subscribers at my site. Resources include writing prompts, writing choice boards, plus poetry, literature, and history writing activities. Online writing classes for kids may be coming soon, too! 


(Image source: Historicallykatie.com)


Contact Info

Website is: https://www.historicallykatie.com/

Also:  https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Historically-Katie

https://www.amazon.com/Katie-Andrews-Potter/e/B077G5JW1M

Email address: kathrynandrewspotter@gmail.com


       @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


Terri @ The Silver Dragonfly 

"Dreamchaser" story

As the mother of 5 sons, fishing and soccer and rough housing were the norm.  As much as I love spending time with my kids, I needed some girl time.  I have always been a crafter and creator, so I started dabbling with beads.  My little sister moved back from the east coast, and beading became something we could do together -- my girl time.  I was still working full-time hours at a corporate gig at that point.  Then the day came that changed everything....I got downsized!  After some serious soul-searching and the ever present support of my loving husband and son's....The Silver Dragonfly LLC was born!  It will always be a work in progress, but I couldn't be happier with where it is today.


What I sell ~ Handcrafted fine silver jewelry


(Image source: The Silver
                                                              Dragonfly FB page)


Contact Info

(Terri is offering a code to help you save some money! Just enter DREAMS at checkout to save 10%.)     

Email address is: info@thesilverdragonfly.com

       @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


Sandy James (Award-winning author)

"Dreamchaser" Story

By day, Sandy James is a high school teacher. However, she has also carved out a successful career as an award-winning author, while still continuing to be a well-loved educator. She is the author of several stand-alone novels, and quite a few book series.  Too numerous to list them all here, but you can find them listed on her website (https://sandyjames.com/books.html) or at Fantastic Fiction (https://www.fantasticfiction.com/j/sandy-james/). I have already become a big fan of hers, and you can read my "Dreamchaser Spotlight" post here.  According to her standings on Amazon, she has many more fans, also. She has won awards for her work, including the Maggie Award for Excellence Finalist and two Holt Medallion Awards.


What I sell


(Image source: Fantastic Fiction)



Contact Info

Website is: www.sandyjames.com/index, or go to Amazon to learn more about her books.


          🎁🎁🎁🎁🎁🎁🎁🎁🎁🎁🎁🎁🎁🎁🎁🎁🎁🎁🎁🎁🎁🎁🎁🎁🎁🎁🎁🎁🎁🎁



You can't go wrong by "Shopping Small"! ~ You are helping a DreamChaser to continue following their dreams while finding unique gifts to give family and friends! Please remember to share the idea of  "Shopping Small" (and this post, too!) with all of your friends!

     




2 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful idea. I'm going to look into this in my town and nearby cities.
    I wish the best of luck to your "Dreamchasers". I hope they never give up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eileen! I will pass on the well wishes to all of them. I hope you find some local DreamChasers to help you with Christmas this year. If not, you can always shop online with the four ladies in the blog post!

      Delete