Wednesday, November 7, 2012

What inspires you?

      What is the one thing that gets you motivated to try new adventures? Is it some that you know or someone famous? Maybe it's the tried and true clichés or great quotes that you find. No matter whether it's Grandma or Gandhi that gets you trying daring adventures on the road to happiness, it's important to pay attention to your own instincts as much as you do to people and quotes.
     But I am a firm believer in meeting the right people or finding the perfect words  at the time you need them the most. This past year, I read Randy Pausch's book, The Last Lecture, right when I needed it. Several months later, I spoke to an author that I have come to admire for following her own dreams. Jenna Woginrich has written several books and articles, as well as her own blog (coldantlerfarm.blogspot.com). In reading her works and speaking to her, I have been encouraged to try new things.
     Since one of the first questions that we ask ourselves is "where do I start?", I will share Jenna's words with you~"Accepting where you are today, and working toward what's ahead, is the best you can do...But the starting point is to take control of what you can and smile with how things are.  Find your own happiness and dance with it." (Made from Scratch, p. 12)
     So, please share with me what (or who) inspires you? Maybe you might have the right words for someone else! 

No comments:

Post a Comment