Friday, February 15, 2013

Time for another Fortune Cookie Friday!

"Doing what you love is freedom. Loving what you do is happiness."
 
 

     Isn't this what it is all about?  When I found this fortune, I just knew that it was perfect for today!  Life should be enjoyed.  People are always "searching" for happiness; but it is not something that is just waiting for the perfect time to appear.  Everyday, we choose to be happy or not.  We can start by just doing what we love whenever we can.  Even if it is only an hour a day, that's a start!!
     If you just start doing what you love whenever you can, it will start bleeding into your everyday life.  I know that it can happen.  Over a year ago, I was honestly a "closet" writer.  I wrote some stuff for myself, but always just thought about it.  Never...doing...anything...about...it!  But, I started just choosing to just go for it. No big giant leaps overnight, but just always baby steps in the right direction.  Starting a writers' group at the library where I work,  starting this blog, etc. 
    I have found a way to incorporate even small aspects of this side of me into different parts of my life.  And I have found that when something interests me now, I don't just automatically go into the "someday, when I have time" mode that I used to.  I try to find a way, even if it is just barely sticking my toe into the water to do it.  I may not have the time for a full swim, but sometimes it makes you happy to just wade in the  cool water.
 
What do you think? 
    
 
    


No comments:

Post a Comment