Tuesday, February 26, 2013

What you do today...

What you do today can improve all your tomorrows.
 ~Ralph Marston
 
     When I found this on www.brainyquote.com, it just seemed to fit my mood today.  Here it is, the day almost over, and I felt like I hadn't gotten anything accomplished today. I had gone to work today and took care of some chores, but just didn't feel very motivated. 
     However, Ralph made me realize that I had actually spent time today working toward improving my tomorrows.  I took a computer class today to improve my social media skills, which should help improve the blog and many future endeavors that I may attempt in the future...that is, if I don't just get lost in them and never come up for air!!!
     Also, for several weeks now, I have been reading Rural Renaissance by John Ivanko and Lisa Kivirist.  They are a couple that have chosen to give up the "rat race" that they were living in Chicago and now live the life they want in Wisconsin.  They have found a way to make a living leading the life that they want.  I am almost done with the book and have found myself inspired to find ways to accomplish the same in my own life.
     So, let's see,...learning new skills and motivating myself by following John and Lisa's story. Even though at first glance, I didn't feel overly productive today; I feel a little better that I took some baby steps today.  Baby steps in the right direction still count!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment