Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Are you genuine?

Genuine-- 1) authentic; real 2) free from pretense, affectation, or hypocrisy.

     Why am I quoting the dictionary, you may ask...It actually all started with a discussion with my husband.  We were talking about a friend of his family's being a good role model for his kids, and how this guy is just an all-round, good genuine person.  He loves life. He believes in his convictions, but is not in-your-face about it.  He is just "real".
     That got me thinking about the people that seem to impress me the most.  Whether they are people that I have known for a long time or have only met in the last few years, they have affected me more than they know.  I want to live each day being more genuine.
     We spend our early years trying to be popular and just like everyone else.  Even, as adults, we spend much of our time trying to be what everybody else wants us to be.  But, it is our life and we need to make sure that we are living it for ourselves.  Be there for your family and your friends, but don't be what they expect you to be. 
     Be yourself... Do what makes you happy, not what is popular....Be real, genuine, authentic.

     I am going to end this post, with a wonderful quote that I found a while back.   Mull it over a little in your mind and tell me what you think. 

"It is better to live your own destiny imperfectly,
than to live an imitation of somebody else’s life with perfection."

-Bhagavad Gita

No comments:

Post a Comment