Saturday, January 4, 2014

You only live once!

     This weekend has been quite the roller coaster ride.  Trying to keep up with everything at work can sometimes be a little overwhelming.  So, I have been trying to spend some time everyday, just relishing in good times with friends and family outside of work, too.  On Saturday, I spent some precious time catching up with a good friend of mine.  We started out as coworkers many years ago, but soon became more.  She is like a mom, a mentor and a confidante all rolled into one. 
     I took the time to watch a good movie and just relax.  Every one needs to take some "me" time and do whatever it takes to recharge!  After running a few errands and doing a few chores, my husband and I enjoyed going out on a date. 
     I had a good time just living "in the present" this weekend.  But, I also enjoyed planning for the future with my husband, also.  We spent the better part of the evening working out some details for having alternative energy in the near future, finishing planning out some of our renovation plans and also, trying to figure out the best place to put the rabbits we are going to start raising.
     The weekend ended this morning when I woke up and found out that a coworker from my job had passed away.  We knew that it was probably coming, but it still knocks you off guard for a moment. It reminds you just how short life is and that you need to spend more of life actually living it.  So, as you go about your day today making a living, stop and take a little time to enjoy and make a life, too.

1 comment:

  1. I want to apologize for this posting today. As I was putting some search descriptions on my postings, I also corrected some typos. When I corrected this post, it changed the date to Saturday.
    The reason that I am pointing this out is because the coworker that I was talking about passed away last year. I am very sorry to say that yesterday, we lost another coworker. I am very sorry to my local readers that might have gotten confused about this.

    ReplyDelete