Friday, January 17, 2014

Day Off...Woo hoo!!!

     Ahh...Had a day off from work.  Nice feeling!  Slept in late, got my hair cut, and had lunch with a friend.  Now, I get to set in front of the TV all day, right?!   Lol 
     I wish that was the way it worked!!  Actually, not really.  I took much of the day to really reflect on where I am and where I want to be at this time next year.  I am one that is definitely guilty of whining about changes I need to make in my life...and then I don't do a damn thing about them. 
     So, today, I spent time thinking of what I want to have accomplished by the end of 2014.  Then, I tried to break it down into smaller goals that will be much easier to reach.  It's so easy to just say that I can't get that accomplished, so I am not going to even start.
     Now that I have my yearly, monthly, weekly to-do list started, I can get started. I am going to do whatever I can to make our dreams come true.  By the end of this year, we will have a lot of choices that will be open to us.  I want to do whatever I can to be prepared for them. 
     I have a cousin that has been through a lot in the last few years.  He had been injured while deployed several years ago and had a long recovery to get where he is now.  Just about every time that I see his posts on Facebook, he is excited about his job or his classes in college.  And he almost always finishes those posts with these words, "Hard work and dedication pay off!"
     So, thank you, Drew!  You are my inspiration for 2014 to remember to keep working towards those goals that I set for myself.  Hard work and dedication to following my dreams will open up a lot of opportunities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment