Monday, October 13, 2014

Getting out of my Comfort Zone

October 2nd, 2014

     Today's adventure is fairly mild, but it is new to me, and therefore, I think is important.  I have never towed anything before in my life.  Not in all of my moves over the years, or anytime ever.  I am sure you get the picture...

     This afternoon, we loaded up the hubby's truck, the camper in the back of the truck and also a trailer that he made.  Since he needed to drive another vehicle and trailer, I needed to drive this truck.
     The camper was weighted-down fairly well and a little top-heavy.  I could definitely feel the wind gusts pulling on it.  But, other than that, no problems at all!

     This may seem like a small thing to most people, but I was nervous about it.  Anytime you go out of your comfort zone and learn a new skill, it's going to make you nervous.  But, I've gotta get out of my comfort zone more often.  It's the only way I will keep learning new things!

     ...I guess not the only way.  Books, books and more books will teach me, too! (Can't help it...I will always be a bookworm and librarian at heart! LOL) But getting out of my comfort zone will teach me more about myself in the long run, I think.

     What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment